How To Increase Success In Sports
Success in Sports – Athlete Diagnostics
Sports Team Diagnostics
Let’s face it – Sports is big business. Professionalism permeates the industry – yes it is a business. Managing the process at the level of the athlete, coach and team require adopting best practices or be prepared to lose.
Natural talent is no longer sufficient to breakthrough at the highest level. Unfortunately, even hard work is not a guarantee of success.
New forms of diagnostics are emerging to provide athletes, teams and their coaches with insights that bring out the best in them and provide them with their best chance of winning.
The well researched and totally different FinxS® kit of Sports Success diagnostics not only get to the core of the keys to success of the athlete and/or their team but they also provide clarity as to how to unlock those keys and avoid limiting factors.
Even though the premise of the FinxS® Sports Diagnostics is that they were developed with high level professionals and teams in mind, the actual reports are user-friendly and easy to interpret.
Media presented with the kind permission of Extended DISC® North America
FinxS® Sports Success Diagnostics – Athlete Analytics:
Athletes are entered in the database once they complete the questionnaire. That then provides the option to look at the athlete through the lens of different reports. One fee – multiple reports.
Drive Success In Sports With FinxS® Sports Diagnostics!
The diagnostics include:
- Sport Competence scores.
- Keys to success and limiting factors.
- Tips on how to capitalize on the insights from the diagnostics.
- Personalized questions that assist the athlete in learning how they have progressed with respect to the utilization of key sports competencies.
- Critically, there is clarity with respect to obstacles and limiting factors that must be addressed to achieve success.
The FinxS® Sports Success Diagnostics set out clearly the preferred pathways to success by highlighting the athletes’ areas of potential prowess and those area that may limit what they are able to achieve.
The FinxS Sports Success Diagnostics are comprehensive and three lower layers provide a deeper understanding on what to do and how to improve.
FinxS® Sports Success Diagnostics – Coach’s Analytics
The FinxS® Sports Coach’s analytics include:
- Athletes’ Sports Competencies scores
- Insights into how the results are linked to athletic performance
- Application of the diagnostics and guiding performance improvement
- Access to the lower layers of the Sports Success diagnostics:
- SPORTS INDEX – The extent to which the athlete recognizes their strengths and the implications.
- TRAINING INDEX – What is the athlete’s mindset in relation to training related competencies.
- COMPETITION INDEX – The mindset related to competencies in the area of competition.
The FinxS Sports Success Coach’s diagnostics also allow the comparison of the results with other athletes in the same sport.
FinxS® Sports Success Diagnostics –
Athletes Sports Competence Scores.
Team Competence Table
Presentation of the team members Sports Competencies collectively to identify:
- Team members’ strengths and implications for the team
- Skills that team members can rely on, those at which they are moderately proficient and those requiring development..
- Gaps in the team’s skill set.
Team Competence Summary
This is a data-rich report that gives coaches insights into how to coach the team and every athlete with every competence identifies in the FinxS® Sports Success Diagnostic kit.
Team Index Summary
Team members Sports Index, Training Index, and Competition Index Scores.
What are the Sports Competences?
Sports Capacity Assessment measures 18 competences that create a competitive advantage for an athlete to reach the top. The assessment identifies those competences that an athlete should focus on to reach their goals:
“Some people say I have attitude – maybe I do…but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there. ”
“Most of us have morning rituals, but mine is probably stricter than most.” – Novak Djokovic
“I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird – Basketball
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.’” – Muhammed Ali – Boxing
“You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth – Baseball
Rhythm & Flow
“You’ve got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference.”
“To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine – Distance runner
“There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
“Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden – Basketball
“To be the best you need the best.” – Christiano Ronaldo
“I’m like tax. You’re going to pay one way or the other.” – Shaquille O’Neal – Basketball
“The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” – Pele – Soccer
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.
I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan – Basketball
“I wasn’t naturally gifted in terms of size and speed; everything I did in hockey I worked for.” – Wayne Gretzky
“You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” – Wayne Gretzky – Hockey
“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable -Wrestling
“We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi – NFL
“The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.” – Bill Russell – Basketball
Sports, Training, & Competitive Indices:
The Sports Competence Assessment also measures:
- The Sports Index – How well the athlete is aware of their strengths and how strong those strengths are.
- The Training Index – How strong the athlete considers the competences mostly relating to the training environment.
- The Competitive Index – How strong the athlete considers the competences mostly relating to the competition environment.
How Does It Work?
The FinxS® Sports Sports Success diagnostic process is conducted online.
There are 99 questions which take about 30 minutes to complete. The results are emailed within minutes.